User(s) browsing this thread: [Complete List] Share this
1 Guest(s) Pin on Pinterest Post on Tumblr Share on Myspace

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Independent Publishers
11-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Independent Publishers
We seem to not be the biggest fans of Marvel or DC and their publishing policies. Lets talk about some of the hundreds of other publishers still producing or even those from past years that we were particularly fond of.

Past for me if First Comics and Comico.

Current includes Zenescope, Dynamite and BOOM!
11-14-2012, 11:38 AM
RE: Independent Publishers
I was just getting into the independent comics around the time where it was getting to expensive for me to buy comics.
Around that time a lot of comic stores where I was living at the time were closing down & it also became harder to find comic shops that were within my traveling distance then. I didn't drive then so getting around was a hassle for me. having to take 3 buses there and back was one of the other factors that I ended up giving up on comics.
this sucked because I started to look at what was coming out of the UK.

A disturbance in my pants can only mean one thing. Invasion!
11-15-2012, 01:54 AM
I'm a big fan of IDW and Image right now (both are putting out some quality SF comics)
11-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Most of the independent titles I picked up were based on browsing the first issue when I was in store. There were quite a few that I used to enjoy, especially from Image. But it is really annoying when they get canceled or don't run for very long. "Small Gods" should have been more than 12 issues. Sad
11-15-2012, 04:44 AM
yeah, so many independent titles get cut short. The creators try to end it as best as they can, but there's only so much they can do if they had a long arc in mind when they're told that the next issue will be the last (sounds familiar to what we see on TV a lot of the time, doesn't it?)